We believe that safety is everybody’s responsibility, every minute of every day on every job. Our goal is to create and sustain an environment and culture where everybody understands, accepts, and actively shares in this responsibility – knowing that the lives that we are affecting extend well beyond our own.
To this end, Wiebe’s Steel Structures commits that every reasonable effort shall be made in the interest of accident prevention to provide for safe and healthy working conditions, to eliminate hazards that can cause injury to workers or damage to property and equipment, and to promote a culture of shared accountability.
We will work with our employees, our subcontractors, our clients and our suppliers in a spirit of consultation and co-operation to achieve this. We will work with our employees both directly and through their safety representatives and their joint health and safety committees.
- Steel buildings have steel girts and purlins vs unpainted wood that tend to shift and warp over time, that cause the screws to loosen and the holes to widen which is a leading cause of roof leaks
- The zinc galvanized coating or red oxide that is applied to the steel at the mill will protect against rust and will not warp due to condensation
- Steel buildings are not subject to termites
- Steel buildings are not subject to fire hazards that can result in a 35-40% insurance increase
- Steel buildings design does not include a bottom cord which then eliminates the need for a higher pitched roof and results in 100% utilized space. Also eliminates a place for birds to roost in the building
Mon-Fri 8:30AM - 4:30PM
Like us on Facebook to see our latest work